25th Origami Tanteidan Convention
What's in this page
25th Origami Tanteidan Convention
- August 9-11, 2019
- Toyo University Hakusan Campus, Tokyo [Access map]
5-28-20 Hakusan, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
5 minutes walk to Hakusan station (Tokyo Metro Mita line) and Hon-komagome station (Tokyo Metro Namboku line)
- Attendance fee:
30th subscriber/member: JPY 5,000
Non-subscriber/member: JPY 5,500
30th subscriber/member: JPY 4,000
Non-subscriber/member: JPY 4,500
- Dinner on Saturday: JPY 4,500 for each
- Events and Features:
- Special lectures
- About 100 classes from simple to complex
- A bunch of origami paper and other souvenirs
- Convention Book vol. 25 (optional) (Call for diagrams)
- Reception dinner (optional)
- Exhibition by participants and guests
- 13th JOAS Origami Competition (Exhibition and voting: see details)
- Origami auction
- Excursion after convention (optional)
August 9 (Friday): Special Lectures
- Special Lectures
- Robby Kraft (Yoshino Fund Guest)
- Xiaoxian Huang (Yoshino Fund Guest)
- Sakamoto Hiraku (Associate Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology)
August 10 (Saturday): Classes and Reception
- Opening Session
- Evening Reception (optional)
August 11 (Sunday): Classes
- Closing Ceremonies
Just send a line along with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 2.
The attendance fee(s) will be paid by cash at the convention site.
See 25thConvInfo-e.pdf for the details.
Robby Kraft (USA)Web site
Xiaoxian Huang (China)Flickr
We are now accepting your models for the 13th JOAS Origami Model Competition. Please see the Application Guidelines for the details. Your pieces should arrive by July 26.
- JOAS AWARD -Special Theme Prize- : Yokai (Monsters or Ghosts)
- JOAS AWARD -Zodiac Prize- : Rat or Mouse
- ORIGAMIHOUSE AWARD : Any origami models
- You can submit up to one model to each of the three competitions.
- You can use multiple sheets (specify the number and size(s) of the sheets). Cuts are not allowed.
- The piece should be no larger than 30 cm in any dimensions and should be exhibited as is (use supporting material if necessary).
- The models to be sent must be unpublished original creations by the folder, so please do not publish diagrams, crease patterns or models before the Convention.
- The JOAS Awards are selected based on the votes of JOAS Board members and the participants of the Convention. The Origamihouse award is selected by Origamihouse.
- If you are making a model of a copyrighted character, you must have permission from the copyright holder(s).
As usual, we are accepting diagrams for the convention book from folders all over the world. Send your original diagrams at email@example.com by June 30, 2019.
Please send diagrams in digital data. Preferable format is either Adobe Illustrator or FreeHand. Templates are available to download.
Please note that submitted diagrams will be screened by our staff members. If your diagrams are published in the convention book, we will send you a complimentary copy, so please let us know your postal address.
ICOA (International Collegiate Origami Association) is a branch organization of JOAS established to support long-standing international activities of college-level origami groups all over the world. Currently we are holding exhibition events with models created/folded by our members and other college students.